To maintain the health, safety and general welfare of homes and businesses by obtaining compliance with City codes and ordinances through public awareness, education and steadfast vigilance.
Building Official/Senior Building Inspector
450 Cypress Creek Road, Building 2
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Building Inspections Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
APPLICATIONS & FORMS
* APPLY for a permit
* PAY your permit fees
* SCHEDULE inspections (inspections scheduled after 4:00 PM will be scheduled but not guaranteed to be performed the following day),
* SEARCH for existing permits - ONLINE!!
MyPermitNow Customer Portal Handout
Contact MyPermitNow directly at 1-866-95-PERMIT for any questions or problems with the Customer Portal.
Currently Adopted Codes - Effective October 1, 2012:
- 2011 National Electric Code with local amendment
- 2012 International Fire Code with local amendments
- 2012 International Codes:
- International Building Code
- International Residential Building Code
- International Plumbing, Mechanical and Gas Codes
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code (as applicable)
View Codes Online, please click here.
News Release - How the City has made the permit process easier for residents
Monthly Stats after October 22, 2013, please click here. If you have any problems with the MyPermitNow customer portal please contact MyPermitNow directly at 1-866-957-3764.
NOW ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ONLINE, IN OFFICE & BY PHONE.
Are Permits Required? - IN MANY CASES, YES!
Whenever you are going to start a project, please contact the Building Inspection Department at 512-401-5100 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify if permits are required. This will not only help in your decision making process, but also may save time and money by avoiding potential non-compliance with various City Codes and Ordinances.
Some projects that require permits that you may not be aware of include but are not limited to:
- Decks/Patio Covers/Arbors
- Accessory Structures (.i.e. garages, storage structures, carports, etc.)
- Remodels, Additions
- Swimming Pools, Spas
- Water Heaters, Water Softeners
- HVAC Change Outs
- Any Structural Changes
Cosmetic projects that do not require permits include:
- House Painting
- Roof Covering (non-structural)
Please take a few minutes of your time to contact our staff. We are happy to assist you in any way possible to make your project be in compliance with applicable codes.